Morley Glass offer their customers innovative and market-leading solutions in integral blinds and glazing units. With twenty workstations and Wi-Fi operated machinery, smooth-running IT solutions are fundamental to keeping business running for Morley Glass.
Morley Glass is one of the UK’s largest specialist manufacturers of integral blinds and glazing units. They came to Croft looking for an IT infrastructure to sustain their rapidly growing business.
For over ten years, Morley Glass had loyally relied on a one–man IT support service to build their systems and provide reactive solutions. However, by 2016, the business had outgrown their capabilities. Moving to a larger managed IT support company was crucial to keep up with demand as they expanded into new premises. Croft stepped up to deliver a service that went above and beyond with comprehensive managed IT support, management, and consultancy. As a larger company, Croft’s challenge was to extend Morley Glass’ IT services, while maintaining that personal touch.
With Morley Glass’ upcoming relocation, Croft needed to make sure that full IT coverage was in place in the new premises. Our team set out to:
- Confirm all networking installation met Morley Glass’ needs for maximum up-time
- Enhance response times for reactive solutions
- Increase preventative maintenance measures to create long-term savings
- Design a Disaster Recovery plan as part of a proactive IT strategy
We focused on pain points to understand Morley Glass’ IT needs inside and out, allowing us to put tailored and expert solutions in place. This involved:
- Auditing the IT system’s strengths and weaknesses to identify areas for improvement
- Key recommendations for short-term solutions to mitigate initial issues following Morley Glass’ relocation, ensuring maximum up-time and a smooth transition of system operations
- Support and IT management package with a dedicated point of contact to get issues resolved straight away
As soon as the partnership was established, Croft worked with Morley Glass – tailoring our services to satisfy their business needs and deliver comprehensive IT solutions:
Let down by their broadband providers for the new premises, Morley Glass faced being without internet for three weeks and losing over £630,000 of business. Our team worked tirelessly to set up an emergency solution to ensure this didn’t happen.
The Horizon Unified Communication platform was also adopted to allow Morley Glass to collaborate seamlessly, maintaining their productivity no matter where they are working from.
Our dedicated project management team ensured the customer wasn’t caught in the middle. With bespoke software in place, Croft developed relationships with the providers and in-house technicians to organise the correct network cabling for the new premises.
Due to this, Croft were able to provide ongoing reactive support, preventative maintenance and long-term IT management.